Thursday, June 15, 2017

Review for Oblivion (Lux 1.5) by Jennifer Armentrout

4.5 Stars. Even knowing what would happen next, I was hooked on every word. The Lux series is one of my favorites and being able to revisit the first three books through Daemon’s POV was a great way to read Katy and Daemon’s story in a new way. I loved getting to see inside Daemon’s head in Origin and Opposition and this did not disappoint.

I also loved that Armentrout explored things that weren’t mentioned in the first three books. This book is more than just a rehashing of Obsidian, Onyx and Opal. It really is its own book. Through Daemon’s POV we get a better understanding of his relationships with Ash and we get to see scenes with him and the other Luxen that we didn’t get from Katy’s POV. I was really glad to see so much new material.

I did notice quite a bit of passive tense and some typos, but overall I loved this. It’s sucked me back into this series and I immediately picked up Origin after finishing it to continue revisiting the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Book Goal 2018