Monday, January 1, 2018

New Years Resolution: Read More INDIE Books

Last year for New Years, I did a book tag, setting goals for the books I wanted to read over the year, and last month I looked at how well I did at meeting those goals. There was one thing I realized. I may have read 15+ books last year (which isn't a lot for some, but for a full-time writer, working 50+ hours a week in Youth Services and renovating a house, that's a lot) but I only read 6 indie books, and only one of them was self-published.

As a self-published author who supports other self-published an indie writers I feel a little ashamed. So, this year my New Years resolution is to read more indie books!


My 2018  New Year's Resolution is to Read AT LEAST 10 Self-Published or Indie Books

To do this, I will need your help. If you have read a good indie book in the past year, I want to know about it. I've set up a form at the bottom of this page for readers and authors to submit books. From the list that generates, I will pick my 10 books. I will pick a new book after each book I finish, and I will post the entire list in a blog post for anyone else that wants to participate in this challenge.

[Note: I am not looking for free books. I intend to purchase the books I pick. Please do not e-mail me with inquiries.] 

Rules for Submitting Books:

1.Books must have been published in 2017 or 2018

2.Books must be self-published or published by an independent publisher

3.You CAN submit your own book if you are the author

4.Books submitted must have been professionally edited 

5.You can submit a book in ANY genre, however, I am more likely to decide to read your book if it is in the following genre's: [Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Thriller, Suspense] I read a lot of books with supernatural elements, but like non-supernatural suspense as well. I also like books with romantic subplots. I do not read erotica. That said, I will post the list for anyone who wants to do the challenge.


Rules for Completing the Challenge:

1.Set a goal for yourself to read a certain number of indie books in 2018

2.Choose books from my list, or find books of your own that are self-published or independently published, or generate your own list (If you make your own list, please share it in the comments below!

3.Use the #IndieBookGoal2018 to share about the indie books you're reading

4.Write Reviews!

I want to encourage all of you to join me in this resolution! Set a goal for yourself to read more indie books, read them, and post reviews. I will post the list I get of books if you want to pick books from there, or you can pick your own.


If you're going to participate, please share links in the comments below!


SUBMIT A BOOK TO THE LIST
or scroll to the bottom of this page.


Free images for participants:











3 comments:

  1. I was planning to pledge to read 10 indie books this year,and I've already read 5, so I think it will turn out to be much more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An exciting challenge

    ReplyDelete

Indie Book Goal 2018