Thursday, June 8, 2017

A-Z Book Tag



I found this book tag at Heather's Reading Hideaway, and it was created by The Perpetual Page Turner. I love doing these tags, and this one seemed super fun.


Author you've read the most books from:
Stephen King. Before I started reading YA or romance of any kind I loved monsters and horror (and still do) and no one does that better than King.

Best sequel ever:
There are a few books where I think the sequel was better. Sometimes the first book has some work to do setting the scene, allowing the second book to dive deeper into the characters. I thought Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits #2) by Samantha Young was better than Smokeless Fire. And I thought Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) was the best out of the Shatter Me series.

Currently reading:
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Drink of choice while reading:
I would love to say something really "writer-ly" here like, whiskey on the rocks, but Pepsi or Lemon Tea are more realistic answers.

E-Reader or physical books:
E-books all the way. I love my Kindle. It goes everywhere I go, and is half the size of many of the books I read plus, I can highlight and take notes in it, which I love!

Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school:
I'd have to say Daemon Black from the Lux novels. My husband is snarky like he is, and I mean, who doesn't love Daemon Black?

Glad you gave this book a chance:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I don't read many books that don't have some kind of paranormal element. But this books was just so good! It's a twisted murder mystery that kept me hanging on every word.

Hidden gem book:
Red Fox by Lara Fanning. This was hands down an awesome indie read.

Just finished:
Oblivion by Jennifer Armentrout.

Kind of books you won't read:
I don't read much (any) contemporary romance. I don't want to say I "won't" read it, but it would take something really interesting to catch my eye. I love romance, but I love monsters or a good mystery more. I also steer clear of Erotica. Again, I love romance, but I don't need overly descriptive sex scenes. The plot is important too!

Longest book you've read:
I haven't read anything too ridiculously long. Maybe Bag of Bones by Stephen King. Awesome book. It was 730some pages.

Major book hangover because of:
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. The end of the Hunger Games was just... devastating. I don't think I picked up another book for like weeks after.

Number of bookcases you own:
One. I read mostly E-books. If I didn't I'd probably have ten thousand bookcases and I just don't know where I'd put them all. Eventually, I'd like to get paper copies of my favorites and a nice bookcase, but for now, I'm fine just keeping the digital copies.

One book you've read multiple times:
War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells. I read it once for fun and twice in college for different classes, but I really did enjoy it.

Preferred place to read:
I will read absolutely anywhere. Curled up on the couch is probably where I get the most reading done though.

Quote that inspires you/Gives you all the feels because of a book you've read:
“He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” ― Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights

Reading regret:
Not reading the Harry Potter series when it came out. Now I'm older and I've seen all the movies and I know how it ends. While I still want to read it, I feel like it will have lost some of it's magic because of all of that.

Series you started and need to finish:
Isaac Marion published a sequel to Warm Bodies that's on my TBR list. I really need to read that.

Three of your all-time favorite books:
I can only pick three? Okay, Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins, Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout, and Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.

Unapologetic fangirl for:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I love everything about that show and the comics.

Very excited for this release:
Ah, I actually don't have anything I'm counting down the days for right now. But, there are a few books that came out earlier this year that are on my TBR list like Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth and Caraval by Stephanie Garber.

Worst bookish habit:
I'm picky. I only want to read a book when I'm in the mood for that book. Which means I often have a hard time finding my next read because I get hung up on looking for something with a certain paranormal element or trope. And, sometimes I won't read anything for a while because I'm looking for the perfect next book. Really though, when I just randomly pick something out of my TBR list, if it's a good book I love it regardless of whether that was what I was looing for.

X-Marks the spot. Start at the top of your bookshelf and pick the 27th book:

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Your latest book purchase:
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

ZZz, last book that kept you up way too late:
Pretty much everything I read does this. I like to read before bed.


Want to take the A-Z Bookish Survey? Please do, and leave me a comment below so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Book Goal 2018