Thursday, December 28, 2017

2017 Reading Goals Wrap Up

Last January I read an awesome post on BOOKS, BOXES, & BAUBLES about a New Years reading challenge. It sounded like fun so I thought I'd give it a go. Now that the year is coming to a close I thought I'd look back at my goals and see how I did.



- Goal Completed
- Goal Missed

☑ An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). - Gillian Flynn - Gone Girl

⌧ A book you’d like to read. - A Million Little Pieces by James J. Frey - I just didn't get around to this one.

⌧ A classic you’d like to read. - Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - This one is going to stay on my to-read list.

☑ A book you’d like to re-read. Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout  - I actually re-read this entire series this year after reading Oblivion. It's one of my favorites.

⌧ A book you’ve had for ages and want to read. - Don't Look Back by Jennifer Armentrout - I may not have gotten to this book, but I did read The Gunslinger by Stephen King, which has been sitting on my shelf for years.

☑ A big book you’d like to read. - Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

☑ An author you’ve previously read and want to read more of. - Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver - I'm so glad this was on my list. I loved this book!

⬜ A book you got for Christmas and would like to read. - I didn't get any books for Christmas last year. Fingers crossed Santa gets my list this year.

⌧ A series you want to read (start and finish) - Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - I do really want to read these book, but the idea of starting such a long series was a little daunting. Maybe next year.

☑ A series you want to finish (that you’ve already started) The Sweet Evil series by Wendy Higgins - I got my hands on Sweet Temptation and ate it up.

☑ Do you set reading goals? If so, how many books do you want to read in 2017? - My goal was to read a measly 15 books, which I did. Granted, I set the bar pretty low, so that would have been a hard one to miss.


So, I'm a little more than 50/50. I missed four goals and met six. That's probably better than how most of my New Year's Resolutions go. How did your 2017 reading goals go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Book Goal 2018