Saturday, May 5, 2018

Reading and Writing Wrap-Up: April

We finally got some decent weather at the end of April and it did great things for my mood and the writer's block I was dealing with at the beginning of the month. After a rough month, feeling like I didn't have any time to write and suffering from writer's block, things are finally starting to look up.



READING:

Books Reviewed in April:

I finished Snatch Girl by LJ Kane. There were things I liked and some thing I didn't. This book was a part of my #IndieBookGoal2018 pledge.

Books Read in April:

After finishing up Snatch Girl I downloaded a few more sample books, but haven't started any yet. I tried cracking one open last night, but my Kindle died on me. I hate when I forget to charge it.

Books to read in May:

I plan to start another book from my Indie Book List. I have a few books in mind that I plan to look at next, but I haven't officially picked one yet.



WRITING:

I got Unraveling in the Night (Book 2 in the Cereus Vampire Chronicles) back from one of my betas already, and I've been working my way through her notes. I've also been spending time Scribophile and should start posting there soon. I wanted to get it up on there last month but didn't get around to it. So...this month. Hopefully.



BLOGGING:

April was a slow month for blogging. I was kind of in a rut all month and not really writing much at all, but I think things are starting to turn around.


My Favorite Blog Posts in April:

Favorite Post Written: Why I Feel Like Giving Up on Writing Yes, this title is a little depressing. But, writing can be a form a therapy for me and putting my thoughts and feelings into a blog post definitely helped.

Favorite Post Read: Normally I have a recent post to mention here, but this time I stumbled across something from a few years ago. The Perils (and Benefits) of Reviewing Indie Fiction is well written and honest and goes along well with my #IndieBookGoal2018 challenge.



PERSONAL:

I mentioned last month that I started a new job in April, and while I love it, there's been a lot to learn. I have a new schedule to get used to, and it's been hard to balance writing and life. But, I think I'm starting to get into the swing of things a little better. Other than that, we've had pretty crappy weather here in Wisconsin. Rain. Snow. Grossness. But, the sun has been out lately, and hopefully it stays that way.



How was your April?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Hopefully the reading/writing will get easier when you get used to the new schedule. Have a great May!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very hard to work out a schedule that combines working and writing, Lauryn. I rememger well, though I only work part time from home these days. I do know I wasn't determined euough then to have 'Writing Time: Do not Disturb unless it is a Matter of Life or Death' on my head. So, that time was always taken up, with someone wanting something from me: as a female, nurturing, as often as not. So, as James N Frey says, do make a point of insisting on that time.
    I am glad you are still with us. It would be a shame for a genuine talent to go, leaving the field open for all the stuff which is all the same. I love Caroline and Archer as a couple, nearly as much as Ivy and her rascal.
    It was generally bad weather here in the old country in April, too. The winters are never as bad as yours for snow and ice, save for 2010. But we had a lot more of it than usual, and as the UK can't handle heavy snow, blocked roads, ambulances unable to get thruogh to call outs, and people cut off for days, etc.
    Now it's suddenly hot.

    ReplyDelete

Indie Book Goal 2018