Monday, March 26, 2018

Made-Up Word of the Month: Fantastorize

Once again I'm blogging about those feelings and experiences that only book lovers can understand, by making up words to describe them. Each month, on the last Monday of the month, I'll post a new word.



Fantastorize
[fan-tuh-stor-ahyz]
verb.
1. to conceive fanciful or extravagant notions about what will happen next in a book.
2. to create in one's fancy, daydreams, or the like; imagine: to fantasize the actions of characters which have not (yet) occurred in a book.

“I’ve been fantastorizing about what will happen in chapter five of my book all day.”


This is something I do all the time. I've literally set a book down and gone and done something else just so I can fantastorize about what would happen next before reading it. I think in part this comes from a worry that I'm reading too fast and don't want the story to be over yet, and partly just from being so excited about a story that I can't sit still. I also often fantastorize while at work or running errands until I can get back home to read more. I will admit though, sometimes I'd disappointed when I like the scenario I've made up in my head more than what actually happens in the book - though this doesn't happen often.

Do you ever find yourself fantastorizing about the book you're reading?


If you liked this word, you might like:
Disreadspect

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Book Goal 2018