Thursday, January 17, 2013

Nominated three times for the Liebster Award!

April Books has been Nominated by Simply Sensational Book Fanatics, Cozy Afternoon Chums, and YA Midnight Reads for the Liebster Award! I want to say thank you to all of my nominators and congratulations to all of my nominees, you all have wonderful blogs.



The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)

4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.




Random Facts About Me:

1. I hate peanut butter cookies, yes I know your jaw just dropped. Love peanut butter, LOVE cookies, hate peanut butter cookies, I’m an enigma.
2. I am a huge Buffy-nerd. I own all seven seasons on box set and can still quote every episode, it’s really more of an incurable disease, but like a good one.

3. I am completely scatterbrained. I’m always working on a million things at once and it’s not because I’m crazy busy it’s because I just have all these ideas constantly bouncing around. Right now I have one book published, and literally twelve that are in various stages of undone because I’m constantly writing down ideas.
4. I play guitar, though not well. I played when I was in high school and this past Christmas my boyfriend bought me an acoustic so I’ve been getting back into it.

5. I am horrible at math. I write, I draw, I paint, I play guitar, I even sing off key, but I can’t add or do an equation to save my life.
6. I love zombie movies! Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, The Walking Dead, I can’t get enough and have probably seen everyone in existence including the low budget B-films.

7. I have one sister and we are polar opposites, and I mean that in pretty much every way. Looks I’m blonde with green eyes, she has dark brown hair and brown eyes. In high school I was an art-geek and drama-nerd, she played varsity sports. I, as stated above, am terrible at math; she’s going to be an accountant. As different as we are though we’re really close.
8. I was a bit of a punk kid in high school. I’ve grown up quite a bit in the last six or so years, but once upon a time my life revolved around bands like Taking Back Sunday, The Matches, Senses Fail, The Used, and pretty much anything involved with Vans Warped Tour. My favorite accessory was my stud belt, on the weekends I was either loitering around town, at a bonfire or at The Rave in Milwaukee seeing a show, and I dyed my hair every other week changing it to colors such as bleach blonde, black, red, and even blue once.

9. I once stole a bicycle. See the above comment to reference my rebellious youth.
10. I love thunderstorms, and yes I realize a lot of people say this, but I really love them. I’m the kind of person who if there’s a thunderstorm going on will sit in the window and watch the clouds light up. I’ve also been known to leave the window open so I can hear better and smell the rain.

11. I love to travel. I try and get away at least once a year, usually sometime in January and go somewhere warm.



Questions from My Nominator:

The questions below are from SSBookFanatics, I was also nominated by Cozy Afternoon Chums, and YA Midnight reads, but this post got a little too long with me answering 33 questions and a few of them were quite similar so I decided just to post the origional 11 questions from my fist nomination.


1. What do you love most about blogging?
                Writing about all the things I would normally rant or talk to myself about makes me feel less crazy.


2. What do you love most about writing whether it's books, or blog posts?
                Writing books is… it’s like that feeling you get when you read your favorite book but times ten. I love creating characters and discovering who they are and what they’re going to do next. I’ve said a few times books write themselves and no matter how detailed my outline is with every page there are new surprises even for me.
3. Which book was your favourite to read when you were say... a teen?
                When I was a teen I read a lot of Stephen King. The Talisman was probably my favorite. But I also really liked some of the books they ‘made’ me read in English, The Giver and Catcher in the Rye were awesome.
4. What is your favourite snack - one you simply can't do without?
                Chocolate... any form of chocolate will do.
5. If you could spend a day as someone else, who would that be and why.
                Can it be a fictional character? Because there are a few I would love to be for a day.
6. What's your favourite holiday destination?
                Either somewhere really warm or that has lots of snow. If it’s going to be cold I want snow, but otherwise anywhere with a beach and 80 degree weather will do.
7. What is your worst pet peeve?
                When you’re out at the bar (or for me – at work) and someone plays the same annoying song, like “Call Me Maybe” twelve times in a row. I hate that song.
8. If someone asked you to swallow a fly for $100, would you? Why?
                No… I just don’t think I could get it down without gagging.
9. What's your favourite poolside drink?
                Poolside? Hmm… margaritas, preferably strawberry but lime would do just fine.
10. Who or what inspires you on a daily basis?
                On a daily basis, my parents. It took me a long time to realize how supportive both of them really are, but now I know they both have my back no matter what.
11. Which family member are you closest to, and why?
                My mom, and then my sister, the three of us have just always been really open with one another.
 
My Nominees:
Sadly I was unable to pick only 11 names, but I feel being nominated three times should grant me an extra two nominees. Regardless of my rule breaking I think all of the blogs below are deserving of this award and I hope all my followers check them out.

Lucinda Elliot Sophie De Courcy
Laekan Zea Kemp Laekan Zea Kemp

Jenn Naumann YA Author Jenn Naumann
 
Vikki Scribblings of an Aspiring Author

Tabitha Martin Tabitha Martin

Kelsey Macke Kelsey is Writing

J.A. Ward J.A. Ward Writes

Angie Black Tall Thoughts from a Short Girl

Vicki Orians Page After Page

Sarah L. Blair The Things I think and Do Not Say

Brianna Shrum A Shortcut to Shrums

Chynna Blue Chynna-Blue Ink

Summer Heacock Fizzygrrl
 

My Questions for Nominees:

1.       What got you into blogging?

2.       Favorite TV show and why?

3.       When writing books are there any reoccurring themes in your work, or if you’re not an author are there any reoccurring themes in the books you like to review?

4.       What were you like as a teenager?

5.       Paperbacks or e-books and why?

6.       Do you have a funny vacation story?

7.       Have you ever been out of the country and where did you go?

8.      Book you’re most looking forward to reading this year?

9.       Biggest turn off in a book?

10.   What are you doing when you’re not reading or writing?

11.    Favorite holiday and why?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Book Goal 2018