Sunday, August 5, 2018

Reading and Writing Wrap-Up: July

So, if you follow my blog on a regular basis, I'm sure you noticed that I was MIA all of July. I kind of just fell off the map for the month. No blog posts, no activity on Twitter or any of my social media accounts. I just disappeared. No, I'm not dead. I'm perfectly fine.

I just needed a break.

Any blogger or writer out there will tell you that keeping up with making content to put out to the world can wear on you after a while -- especially if on top of your writing career you also work full-time.

So, I took a break in July, and I'll be honest. I needed it. I feel like I've been working so hard just to try and keep up this year that I've stressed myself out to the point where I'm barely reading and writing has felt forced. So, instead, I spent some time working on my house. My husband and I bought a motorcycle, and I spent a few nights vegging out to some Netflix-binging.


I'm gonna keep this post short this month. I barely read in July, though I do plan to finish  Spark of Fire by Grace Anthony soon, and I'm only now getting back into the writing groove.

I'm going to try and focus all my energy toward getting Unraveling in the Night ready to go as I'd like to publish it this fall, and that's about it for now.

You may see my blogging and social media presence continue to be a little more spaced out than it was, but I promise. I'm not going anywhere.


How was your July?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Book Goal 2018