There's a reason we see TV shows and movies that are based on books and not the other way around. Simply put, books are better, and here's ten reasons why.
1. Books do not have commercials.
2. Books don't need to fit into a 45 minute time slot. They can be as long or as short as the story needs to be.
3. Reading improves your vocabulary. Watching TV decreases your attention span.
4. There are no special effects that your mind cannot create, and they never look cheesy in your head.
5. Saying you read a lot of books makes you sound smart. Saying you watch a lot of TV makes you sound lazy.
6. You don't have to worry about your favorite characters getting fired or quitting in your favorite books.
7. Books get you inside a characters head in a way that TV simply can't do.
8. You don't have to worry if your favorite book series are going to be canceled.
9. Books aren't censored. Characters can say or do whatever they need to in order to move the story forward without worrying about the FCC.
10. There is something beautiful about the written word that TV simply can't capture.
What do you think? Do you prefer to read over watching TV?