Sunday, February 4, 2018

Reading and Writing Wrap-Up January

January was a crazy month. I posted the 2018 Indie Book List and plan to keep adding to it over the year. I've already picked out my first few reads from the list to meet my pledge of reading 10 indie books this year. I also started a new monthly post called Made-up Word of the Month that will post on the last Monday of every month.




READING:

Books Reviewed in January:

I finished Mind Hunter by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker. It took me a little longer to get through this book than I planned as parts drag. Overall it's just a really long book, but it is really interesting.

Books Read in January:

I'm working my way through Veiled by Stacey Rourke and liking it so far. The writing is witty and entertaining.

Books to read in February:

I plan to read Where Worlds Meet by Lucinda Elliot this month. It's one of my #IndieBookGoal2018 books and a sequel to a book I read a few years back, so I have high hopes that I'm going to like it.



WRITING:

I did some major big-picture editing of Unraveling in the Night (Book 2 in the Cereus Vampire Chronicles) last month. I have one more major scene to do edits on then I plan to start posting it on Scribophile for line edits. I've also been poking at my fantasy WIP a bit. If I could just figure out how to stay focused on one project at a time I might actually get something done.



BLOGGING:

I've put together the list for the #IndieBookGoal2018. If you're looking for an indie book to read this year, check it out. I'm also still accepting suggestions and will update the list throughout the year. I've also decided to add a new monthly post to my blog schedule that I'm calling Made-Up Word of the Month. January's word was Prebookupied. Check back on the last Monday of the month to see the next word.


My Favorite Blog Posts in November:

Favorite Post Written: Made-up Word of the Month: Prebookupied: As I mentioned before, this is a new monthly post I'm going to be doing and it's been a lot of fun creating these words.

Favorite Post Read: 6 Paths to Diversity in 2018 on Book Riot: I'm always interested in reading books from different viewpoints. This post gives some suggestions to diversity your TBR pile in 2018.



PERSONAL:

I worked A LOT in January, and not like writing-work -- work-work. My "real" job has been really stressful lately and I've been working some crazy hours. I barely had time to read all month. Here's to hoping February finds me with more free time to read and write.


How was your January?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Book Goal 2018