Saturday, July 27, 2013

Loyal Reader Award

I want to thank the wonderful Lucinda Elliot, fellow indie author and friend for nominating me for the Loyal Reader Award. Please visit her at her blog Sophie de Courcy and check out the awesome blogs of my nominees below.

As this award is called "The Loyal Reader Award" I wanted to take a minute to thank some of the bloggers who have read my debut novel, Into the Deep.

All of your reviews have inspired me to keep writing, so thank you!



My Nominees:

Jen Naumann at Jen Naumann
Lily at Bookluvrs Haven
Dejana at Poisonage
Carrie Penney at I Can Has Books
Sabrii at Fantasy Books
Bianca Calin at Bianca2b

Dear nominees the rules are simple. Answer a rhetorical question of the author’s choosing and nominate people you consider deserve the award.

Lucinda's Question was: "Would you rather be world famous after your death for writing something worthwhile, or rich in this for writing something you knew to be of no literary merit at all?"

Obviously I would prefer to be rich now for writing something worthwhile, but as that's not an option I have to say I'd rather my writing make me famous after my death than to write something my heart wasn't in just to make money. At the end of the day, even when I'm eating Mac N' Cheese for dinner and counting pennies to make rent, writing just isn't worth it if I don't love what I write.

So here's my question: "If you could have any superpower what would it be?"

Personally I think I would very much enjoy being able to read people's thoughts like Ivy in Into the Deep, but being able to fly would be good too.

If anyone else would like to share their opinions on the questions above please feel free to comment.


3 comments:

  1. Aw, you're welcome! Your books are so awesome—can't wait to see what you come up with next (aliens??). And thank you for being a cheerleader of mine as well. So glad we met! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauryn, just letting you know that you are in my Featured Book Blog sidebar for August on Carole's Chatter. Have a great week. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Indie Book Goal 2018